CIVIL & STRUCTURAL WORKS FOR CAR PARKING FACILITY & ALLIED WORKS AT COCHIN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
NOTICE INVITING TENDER
Tender No: CIL/SPV/2023-24/04
NAME OF WORK: “CIVIL & STRUCTURAL WORKS FOR CAR PARKING FACILITY & ALLIED WORKS AT COCHIN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT”
CIAL Infrastructures Ltd., (hereinafter referred to as ‘Employer’), a wholly owned subsidiary of Cochin International Airport Ltd., proposes to construct a car parking facility and a structural canopy over a storm water drain including allied works at Cochin International Airport premises and invites sealed item rate tenders under Two-bid system (Pre-qualification Bid and Price Bid) from eligible bidders for “CIVIL & STRUCTURAL WORKS FOR CAR PARKING FACILITY & ALLIED WORKS AT COCHIN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT”
SCOPE OF WORK:
This is an item rate tender, and the work is divided into two parts, as given below:
Civil, structural, roofing, and allied works of a Carport structure. The carport proposes to accommodate approximately 600 cars in front of the Domestic Terminal (T1). (THIS WILL EVENTUALLY PROVIDE SPACE FOR INSTALLING A 1.20 MWP PV ROOF-TOP SOLAR PLANT, WHICH WILL BE TAKEN UP THROUGH A SEPARATE TENDER)
Fabrication and erection of a structural steel canopy (primary and secondary steel members) over a 6m wide storm water drain for a length of approximately 500 metres parallel to the railway track in the airport premises. (THIS WILL EVENTUALLY PROVIDE SPACE FOR INSTALLING 0.60 MWP DRAIN-TOP PV SOLAR PLANT, WHICH WILL BE TAKEN UP THROUGH A SEPARATE TENDER)
The scope of work broadly includes, supply, fabrication, erection of the steel structures including civil, structural, roofing and allied works including preparation of detailed fabrication drawings for necessary approvals. The bidder has to quote for both Parts A & B, failing which their bid will be rejected.
PROBABLE AMOUNT OF CONTRACT (PAC):
PAC for this work is Rs. 5.50 Crores (approximately).
The period of completion shall be five (5) Months.
Bidders fulfilling the following requirements shall be eligible for pre-qualification:
- The bidder should have completed at least two projects (buildings, bridges, irrigation/hydropower projects, factories, large warehouses etc.) of value of minimum Rs. 4 (Four) crores during the last five years, out of which at least one work should have a structural steel component (fabrication and erection) of a minimum of 100 Metric Tonnes.
- The minimum annual turnover of the bidder shall be more than Rs. 8 Crores during any one of the last five financial years. The copy of the audited Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Statement of the last three financial years of the bidder shall be submitted as proof of the same.
- The bidder should have in-house facilities or working arrangements with third party agencies for surface preparation including blast cleaning of structural members before delivery at site.
- The bidder should have a valid PF as well as ESI registration. Relevant registration documents shall be submitted as proof of the same. The bidder who is currently eligible for any exemption from the PF Authorities, the exemption/relaxation order issued by the concerned Regional PF Commissioner shall be submitted. If the bidder maintains any insurance coverage for the employees instead of ESI, they shall also produce the relevant copy of insurance certificate as proof of evidence.
- The Bidder shall submit necessary documentary evidence to support their eligibility for pre-qualification. Please note that if any of the documents are not in the name of the bidder, the pre-qualification bid submitted by the bidder will be considered as non-responsive and the Price bid document submitted by the bidder in Cover-2 shall not be opened for further evaluation and will be returned to the bidder.
Note: Joint Venture companies/Consortiums shall not be eligible to bid for this work.
COST OF THE TENDER DOCUMENTS:
The cost of Bid document (Book No-1 & 2) to be issued to the bidders is Rs.5,250/- (Cost of bid document- Rs.5000/-+ GST @ 5%-Rs.250/-.). Those who wish to collect the documents by post shall remit Rs.5,750/- (Cost of bid document inclusive of GST- Rs. 5,250/-+ Postage charges-Rs.500/-). The cost of bid documents, as applicable, shall be remitted as Cash/E-transfer / DD drawn in favour of CIAL Infrastructures Ltd., payable at Ernakulam.
EARNEST MONEY DEPOSIT (BID SECURITY):
Bids shall be submitted by eligible bidders along with an EMD of Rs.4,00,000/- (Rupees Four Lakhs Only) in the form of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of CIAL Infrastructures Ltd., payable at Ernakulam.
DATES FOR SALE OF TENDER DOCUMENTS:
Applications for issue of tender documents along with the prescribed cost of bid document shall be submitted by bidders at the office of CIAL Infrastructures Ltd., not later than 21st December 2023. The bid documents will be sold on payment as prescribed above, from 8th December 2023 to 21st December 2023, during working hours from the Office of CIAL Infrastructures Ltd., Near CIASL Academy, Cochin International Airport, Kochi Airport P.O., Nedumbassery, Ernakulam – 683 111.
PRE-BID MEETING AND SITE VISIT:
A Pre-bid meeting and site visit is scheduled on 22nd December 2023 at 11.00 AM for providing clarifications on the queries of bidders at the Office of CIAL Infrastructures Ltd., Near CIASL Academy at Cochin International Airport.
SUBMISSION OF BIDS:
The tender shall be submitted under TWO-BID SYSTEM (Pre-qualification Bid and Price Bid). Bid documents are to be submitted in two envelopes viz: Envelope No.1 (Pre-qualification Bid) and Envelope No.2 (Price Bid). The details of documents to be submitted with each envelope are given below:
A. ENVELOPE NO.1 (PRE-QUALIFICATION BID):
Envelope No.1, which shall be super-scribed as “Pre-qualification Bid”, shall contain the following documents:
- Book No:1 - Pre-qualification Bid duly filled and signed by the Authorised signatory on all pages.
- Earnest Money Deposit as specified above.
- Unconditional Acceptance Letter (Refer: Tendering Procedures, Section-2: Tender Forms)
- Duly signed minutes of the pre-bid meeting.
- List of similar works completed in the past, including the completion certificates for at least two projects (buildings, bridges, irrigation/hydropower projects, factories, large warehouses etc.) of value of minimum Rs. 4 (Four) crores, completed during the last five years, out of which at least one work should have a structural steel component (fabrication and erection) of a minimum of 100 Metric Tonnes. The completion certificate from client including evidence for completion of 100 MT of steel structures shall be submitted as proof for the same.
- Evidence for having a turnover of Rs. 8 Crores during any one of the last five years. The bidder shall submit IT acknowledgement slip received on e-filing of the returns by the bidders for the last three financial years, and audited financial statements duly signed by the Chartered Accountant shall be enclosed, clearly indicating the turnover and all other relevant details.
- Evidence of having an in-house or leased facility for blast cleaning of structural members before delivery at site.
- Copies of PF and ESI Registration Certificates.
- Organization chart and list of Engineers and other personnel to be deployed for this work, present workload and status of execution.
- Copy of the partnership deed if the bidder is a partnership firm and attested copy of registration certificate in case of company and sole proprietorship declaration in the case of sole proprietorship firm.
- Authority letter in original or attested by notary not more than one year old of the bidder in favour of the person who has signed the tender documents with telephone number and complete postal address.
- Litigation history.
B. ENVELOPE NO. 2 (PRICE BID):
Envelope No.2 shall contain the following documents which shall be super scribed as “Envelop No. 2 - Price Bid”.
a. Book No: 2 - Price Bid duly filled and signed by the Authorized Signatory on all pages.
Both these envelopes (Envelope No.1 and 2) shall be enclosed in a bigger envelope super-scribed as “CIVIL & STRUCTURAL WORKS FOR CAR PARKING FACILITY & ALLIED WORKS AT COCHIN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT” and submitted at the Office of CIAL Infrastructures Ltd., Near CIASL Academy, Cochin International Airport, Nedumbassery, Ernakulam – 683 111, on or before 15.00 hours on 2nd January 2024.
OPENING OF BIDS:
Envelope No. 1 containing the Book No.1 (Pre-qualification Bid), Unconditional Acceptance Letter and other pre-qualification documents shall be opened first at 15.30 hours on 2nd January 2024.
Envelope No. 2 containing the Book No. 2 (Price bid) of only those pre-qualified bidders shall be opened on a subsequent date after duly intimating the eligible bidders in advance. Envelope No. 2 of those bidders who do not qualify as per the prescribed eligibility criteria shall be returned unopened. The Bidders are therefore advised to strictly go through all the tender conditions and enclose all the required documents to prove their eligibility for pre-qualification as per the prescribed criteria in Envelope No.1, failing which their bid is liable to be rejected.
Any bids received after the stipulated date and time shall be liable for rejection. CIAL Infrastructures Ltd., also reserve all rights to reject any or all the bids received, without assigning any reason whatsoever.
CIAL Infrastructures Ltd., Near CIASL Academy,
Cochin International Airport, Kochi Airport P.O.,
Nedumbassery, Ernakulam – 683 111
Phone: 0484-2922442/2611380, 94963 37043, 86060 96976